Healthcare Career Center
Nursing Assistants or Nurses Aides are personnel who are trained to assist under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Vocational Nurse with the basic bedside nursing care. This course prepares the student to function as an entry-level worker on a health care team in a long-term care facility. Focus will be on preparing the student to provide direct care to the patient/resident; promote comfort measures; and collect, record and report data to licensed personnel. Principles of critical thinking, team building, ethics, caring and cultural sensitivity are integrated throughout the course. The student will be eligible for certification by the State of California as a nurse assistant upon satisfactory completion of this course and the State Competency Evaluation. With Healthcare Career Center you can be a Nurse Assistant in just 11 weeks.
- Must be at least 16 years old. If 16, parental consent is needed.
- Current CPR card (BLS Healthcare Provider).
- Physical Exam and 2 step TB test done within the last 3 months. A chest X-Ray is needed if tested positive for TB. Chest X-Ray report is valid for 2 years.
- Up to date immunization records
- Live Scan Fingerprinting.
- Wonderlic. Online for prospective students who do not have a high school diploma or GED.